20 August 2008

camping...in our apartment

after a twenty one hour drive, with a pit stop in grand island nebraska, we made it home to p-town. i'm not gonna lie...i felt let down when we drove into provo. this again? the same old smith's, same old school, same old apartments from the 70's. but now, after moving in a little and trying to be excited like nate, i don't feel so bad. i am really grateful that we made it here safely and have a place to call our own...for eight months that is.

on our last night in chicago, we took a moonlit walk along the river...

and nate surprised me with a lovely dinner here:

iowa was beautiful to drive through. thank you iowa for this treat:


we are currently camping in our own apartment. we purchased our first bed together: a deluxe camping blow up air mattress. and by delux, i mean the top is "flocked" with that fuzzy stuff that gives you turf burns if you move too fast.

we only had one pillow and two baby-size blankets that cover 2/5 of your body last night. we thought "no big deal." sharing a pillow may start out fun, but it can only end in crooked necks and sore backs. this whole camping thing lost its edge real fast. we unpacked our storage unit today and miraculously found another pillow in our heaps of stuff. victory!

we are awaiting a uhaul truck and our families who currently have most of our belongings. five more days of camping!

3 comments:

  1. Jessica -

    PLEASE let me bring you extra pillows and blankets!! I'm serious. I went through this phase at the beginning of our marriage where I couldn't find a pillow that I wanted. Sooo we have 6 pillows on our bed right now. Seriously call me: 805-469-8594

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Marissa by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hhaha a blow up bed! That is hilarious. I'm sure you're made it super cute, but I'll still be happy for you when you have your real furniture!

    ReplyDelete