05 October 2008

lots going on

we've had a great weekend! my parents were in town for some meetings and for conference, which always means fun! my dad got tickets for all of my family to go to the saturday morning session of general conference, but two of the tickets were separate from the rest. nate and i lucked out - we got these tickets...that just so happened to be six rows from the front! the guy next to me leaned over and said, "this is closer than sacrament meeting!" yes, it was awesome.


while the boys were at priesthood, my mom and i threw a baby shower for my beautiful sister-in-law, akasha. we're excited for little aspen marie to be born! in fact, it's really hard to walk past baby clothes...we just want to buy them! i think my vice is baby shoes. i mean, really, how cute are baby shoes?

classic steve story (my dad):
my mom: "look at this cute bear we got for akasha's baby! it matches her bedding"
my dad: "but it doesn't have eyes"
my mom: (rolling her eyes) "just pick two dots!"

akasha's mom is an amazing cake maker. she made a pink masterpiece

we all guessed how big around akasha is...and were all pretty off...

with costco, any party is possible.

it's always fun to see family, especially my aunt and cousins from california.

and last but not least, the other great news of the weekend...

BYU WON.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Cute! the baby shower looked amazing! great job! I am not going to lie, I am a little home (p-town) sick. everyone was there! The bear story is pretty funny too!haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. oohhh goodness! if you are obsessed with little baby shoes..you have to look at http://www.foxpawsshoes.com/shoes.php
    you might be obsessed

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was great to see you and catch up the other day! Now that you're so good at throwing a baby shower, we'll all just have to wait for your baby surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sad I missed the baby shower! I was stuck in SLC after conference...i'm sure my mom told you! I hear your house looks super cute! I want to see it for myself! Love you Jess!

    ReplyDelete