15 March 2010

st. paddy's day

saint patrick's day is a big deal here.
big.
the drunk party starts at like eight am. we went to the annual dyeing of the river. even though the weather was drizzly and gray (feels like home to me), my bangs were a royal mess, and the windy city was definitely windy, it was cool to be in the middle of all the celebrating.
gray is the new green or i completely forgot to wear the holiday color of choice.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
then we did something we never do.
we went to TWO movies. in a row.
alice in wonderland and 3D avatar.
the whole time i was thinking of our friends who told us to go see as many movies as we can while we're babyless.
while no groceries for the week were bought, no cub scout activity was planned, no homework was finished, no clothes were washed, and no bathroom was cleaned, it was an awesome weekend.

happy monday
i'll go do my three loads of laundry now

4 comments:

  1. All I can say is weekends where you do nothing but stuff you REALLY feel like doing are the best weekends ever. I myself did not an ounce of laundry this weekend and am down to the last pieces of clothing that I only wear when I'm desperate. I fully support it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, I totally thought of you during all these Irish festivities...your Celtic heritage, your bagpipe-playing father, and all of those other juicy tidbits of Irishness we talked about behind the ISP desk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Looks like so much fun Jess! I love the green water, it really looks amazing! Sounds like you guys had a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. how fun! seriously, enjoy each day that you decide to put all the "necessary stuff" on the back-burner and have a day full of fun!
    this may be matt's influence on me, but it looks the incredible hulk's bathing quarters. haha.

    ReplyDelete