the latest in my classroom:
i showed my class a few pictures from our europe trip so they knew where i had been for the last two weeks (nate was in them and that sparked a whole discussion about him and being married). the other day a mom pulled me aside and said, "is your husband's name nate?" "yes," i said. "my daughter told me yesterday that she wants a husband and wants his name to be nate." well, don't we all wish we could have a husband named nate :)
after i pretended to eat cake made out of blocks, N asked, "are you full ms. lawler? oh wait, i'll check {puts her hand on my stomach}. oh yeah, your tummy is full." hmm another incentive to work toward a six pack?
we're learning about nutrition:
me: are pop tarts healthy?
children: mmm my mama gave me a blueberry pop tart for breakfast!
YES!
yes, we can eat pop tarts and chips but not ice cream.
when i was little, i had a pop tart.
my brother took my pop tart and i was so so mad. and then i punched him.
well, yeah.
yeah, i eat those before i come to school.
_____ just got in my face! he got in my FACE!
when are we going outside ms. lawler?
now picture these answers being shouted in your face all at the same time and you've got my life every day. my class is crazy...crazy fun.
work/school is so busy right now. really busy. if i can survive the next month, i think i can survive anything. okay, most things.
hello june.
02 June 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
OH... I love your stories. I wish i could be a fly on the wall in your classroom!
ReplyDeleteAND... I like the new header. So fresh and clean.
Those kids sound adorable. I have a summer job teaching reading to all ages, from Level 1 (4 year olds) to Level 7 (college students and adults). I am getting nervous about teaching really young kids, but your experience makes them seem hilarious and sweet. I hope mine are like that.
ReplyDelete