20 June 2010

i scream

i knew there were ice cream testers but did you know that you can read a consumer report about the best tasting brands?

in this house, we are all about safeway select mint moose tracks right now. i think it may be the first ice cream that we both love, since nate doesn't usually love any ice cream. ben and jerry's is saved for really, really bad days or mouth surgeries where you can only eat soft foods...like the consolation prize for enduring something awful.

i have so many memories wrapped up in ice cream. my dad used to have a bowl of the good stuff every night before bed...and still managed to keep up a six pack. when we actually have a deck, or even a balcony, we want to make homemade ice cream...summer peach to be exact.

what's your favorite?

4 comments:

  1. Cookies and Cream! (but only when there are huge chunks of cookies). We always had ice cream on Sunday's growing up. That Safeway ice cream sounds delish, I wish we had one here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dreyer's French Silk. Yeaaaaaaaaaah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm like Nate, I generally don't seek out ice cream as a treat. However, I will always make an exception for Jamocha Almond Fudge from Baskin Robbins.

    ReplyDelete
  4. by the looks of it, i think my new fav is mint moose tracks. YUM!

    ReplyDelete