06 January 2012

au revoir, 2011


nate is back in reality while i'm still in america.
the house is quiet, sage is sleeping, and i'm thinking about the past year...

nate became a 1K member of united airlines while i became large with child
i finished my two year commitment to teach for america
graduate degree - check
sage elizabeth...all 9 pounds, 12 ounces of her
thoroughly enjoyed chicago's restaurant scene in large amounts before singapore
moved across the world
too many hours of gmat studying for the hubs
travels to australia, philippines, india, italy, and germany
wonderful visits to friends in d.c. and chitown
seattle, whistler, and disneyland to ring in the new year

hopefully 2012 will be slightly more mellow in the huge life changes department.
i'm feeling really grateful for my little family and the opportunities given to us.
despite this, i'm nervous to go back to the hot, to the bugs,
to the singlish, and to the unfamiliar from our american holiday.
my 2012 goal is to just find happiness wherever i am.
come what may, and love it.

3 comments:

  1. What a great year for you! Good luck going back. Think about how some of us are still stuck living in Utah while their husbands finish school and quite sad about it. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm wishing AZ was on your travel list... I don't know how you missed that state! ha

    Sounds like you had an amazing break! I can't wait to see more pictures.

    I could eat that little Sage up... she is beautiful Jess.

    Also, thank you for the Christmas card. It was so fun to receive and to be remembered.

    skype us when you are back with Nate.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! The Lawlers sure had a busy 2011. Little Sage is so cute, and she has good style like her mom. Brent was wondering what Material Nate is using to study for the GMAT. He is in the hunt for those. That will be one of his focuses for 2012. Maybe we can share tips on bugs and heat, although I bet Singapore even has Houston beat on those. Good luck with your travels back. I'm sure Nate has missed the two of you! -the Kelleys

    ReplyDelete