we woke up early to drive 90 minutes out to the great wall at mutianyu.
at some points we were the only people on the stretch of the wall.
rugged jungle surrounded ethereal mountains, and we finally saw blue skies.
it was...steamy. hot and sweaty. i can't imagine hiking in the afternoon!
rugged jungle surrounded ethereal mountains, and we finally saw blue skies.
it was...steamy. hot and sweaty. i can't imagine hiking in the afternoon!
sage loved toddling around on the flat-ish parts of the wall.
this was my favorite thing we did, and definitely something to check off my bucket list.
one of my friends told her husband she'd only move to singapore if he would take her to hold pandas in china...why didn't i think of that? i could have had some awesome terms and conditions...built-in monthly pedicures, a promise to scuba dive together in thailand, skydiving off the petronas towers, multiple plane tickets for my mom to come visit...just kidding.
i really am counting my lucky stars that we got to hop on a plane to china having booked it the week before. i love that nate wants us to experience these cool countries with him.
there is a marathon/5k on the great wall next may, and i'm hoping to return for it.
who's with me? (bridgette w...i'm looking at you!)
Aaaaamazing!!! I love all of this. What a great adventure!! Count me in for the 5k (I wish!).
ReplyDeletehahahaha! I love it, oh my gosh how fun would that be? If I could get out there, I would do it with you in a heartbeat! :)
ReplyDeleteI am LOVING this walk of Sage, she is just darling!
<3 you guys and so jealous of all your fun adventures!
So incredible Jessica! It's amazing you guys have been there now! Wow! Your pictures are beautiful and Sage is so cute.
ReplyDelete