a forgotten moment...taking my brand new baby to singapore's hari raya celebration
why is it that we are programmed to forget so easily?
i forget that this little girl i've been entrusted with is so innocent in the world, and freak out when she drops a jar of applesauce all over my clean kitchen floor.
i forget that the last month of being pregnant, for me, is k.i.l.l.e.r. and all i want to do is nothing and everything simultaneously.
i forget the humility, compassion, and diversity i soaked up in our asian travels, and get caught in the comparison game.
i forget that i need to learn lessons again and again and again, and that i need constant reminding and doing to remember my purpose.
also, i'd really love to remember where i put my camera battery charger, what my password to that one site is, and what was that baby name i liked but didn't write down?

Katharine. The baby name you loved was Katharine. Katharine Marie to be exact. A beautiful choice, really. At least I can help you with that! ;)
ReplyDeleteThat's it!
DeleteEvery time I am pregnant I swear to Andy it's the last. And he says don't worry in a few months you'll forget! A blessing and curse I tell you.
ReplyDelete