Since my job search is a bust (the lady at the temp agency said that no one is hiring due to the state of the economy...awesome), I decided to go downtown today. We have two trains close by: the EL Train (there was a murder at our station not too long ago...I have been told to never step foot near it) and the Metra (a safe, air-conditioned ride). Just so you can get a visual of this lovely place...here is our station:

I decided to walk the Magnificent Mile. Let me just say, the name speaks for itself. Not only is this famous mile-long strip filled with delectable stores like Neiman Marcus, Prada, and Louis Vuitton, but also with an appetizing array of stores that a poor newlywed student (me) can enjoy...specifically a HUGE Nordstrom Rack and the infamous H&M.
Here is the Chicago Tribune building...which is built in the gothic style?? Look close and you'll see fleur-de-lys under each window. Love the detailed architecture!


ah! sancutary...when I live in Provo, sometimes I just go to Nordstrom not to buy or even look, but just to be in it because it feels familiar. I happened to be raised by a loyal Nordstrom lover (my mama).

Last but not least, I took a walk in Millennium Park. This is called "The Bean." Pretty famous apparently...and we do live in the Windy City, so naturally my hair looks fabulous. This also made me laugh: Millennium Park was built to commemorate..obviously..the Millennium, but it wasn't finished or unveiled until 2004. Nice timing...

Jeeeeeesssssssiiiiiicccccaaaaa!
ReplyDeleteI love the little magnificent mile trip you took. Nordstrom is fantastic- I feel ya girl! :) I LOVE THE HAIR! Great decision. You look so cute, even if it is blowing around while living in the windy city...
I had no idea Nate is working for the same company! Very awesome. Your place looks so cute...I love it.
ReplyDeleteWe didn't bring any decorations...or dishes...we're living with people in the ward. Housing wasn't very easy to find. Well, I think I'm going to have to add ya to my blogs...is that cool? You should do the same if you feel so inclined! :)