17 June 2008

tying the knot




I love the author Sophie Kinsella - she writes the "Confessions of a Shopaholic" series. It just so happens that the owner of our apartment loves her too and owns the entire collection. I am almost done with "Shopaholic Ties the Knot." I've been reading to my heart's content! Anyway, it got me thinking about weddings. I loved our wedding.

On Sunday, the primary kids sang Families Can Be Together Forever. Apparently I was really emotional or something, but I started crying when they sang these words: while I am in my early years I'll prepare most carefully so I can marry in God's temple for eternity. Hello crybaby! Those words just got to me because I dreamed and prepared for so long to marry in the temple...and I did it!

On another note of pure greatness: I found a job!! I start sometime this week.

4 comments:

  1. oh my gosh! I'm loving these pictures and your blog! You have a cute sense of writing. It's fun to read. Thanks for sharing the pics and for letting me check out your blog.

    Say hello to Chicago and Nate for us.

    PS. We are both very similar. I'll recap the similarities: red in kitchens, France(I'm a Francophile), study abroad in France, an undying love for Paris, our husbands work for AON, a love for H&M...the only thing is that I was raised a Neiman's girl...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took a little time and looked at all your wedding pictures a while ago. I love them! You guys have some of the coolest pictures! I would not worry about the crying thing. Kids are so adorable and who would not be emotional?!? I most definitely would be! Congrats on achieving such a neat goal and congrats on a job! you go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute post! I was just teaching my YW the eternal marriage lesson and we of course talked about how they have to prepare/decide now they want to be married in the temple. What an accomplishment! I'm really proud of you Jess!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessica you are so beautiful! It looks like you had a lovely wedding too! Congratulations again! I miss talking to you every other day!

    ReplyDelete