So I don't dabble often enough in the blogging department but I got a laugh at all of the comments left on my wonderful wife's last post about our recent cooking habits. Before I give the caveat to our last post, I must say that Jessica is an amazing cook. I don't thank her enough for it. Tonight we had that Tuscon soup and my job was to grate the onions because her eyes could not handle it. I also was given the pleasure of tearing 20 basil leaves into the mixture. I think I asked her after every other leaf if there was enough basil--I would make a horrible sous chef.
However, the photos that she posted were sample photos and not what was actually made. Credit goes to Google images, gotta love Google. We do enjoy having friends and family over for dinner even if we are rookies in the cooking department.
And yes, I am a fan of the Farmer's market. Jessica will come home from the store with heeps of food and I will ask how much it all was and every time I respond with a "REALLY"!
Oh yeah...I wanted to give a shout out to my sister McKenna for getting into BYU-Idaho! Congratulations. And to all of my other siblings, call me with any news and I will give you a shout out too.
Also, I am pretty unexcited for this year's Super Bowl. Arizona Cardinals v Pittsburgh Steelers...The Cards were 9-7 in the regular season and have played extremely well over the past four weeks. But really, Cardinals and Steelers. Everyone has picked Arizona to lose in the past four rounds of the playoffs. Pittsburgh is the favorite come Sunday, but I got the Cards winning this one...a nailbiter:23-21
Jessica is excited for the commercials.
29 January 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love this post because I'm sure Jess is a fabulous cook! It's hard when you're in school because your schedule is all over the place. Jess, let's watch Ina together and cook French food...
ReplyDeleteNate, Nate, Nate...you're not supposed to call out the pictures like that....let people go on thinking that you wife is the best cook ever and those pictures are what she made, cuz you know the truth, that's all that matters.....haven't you learned yet??? (take it from Marcus...I gots him whipped)
ReplyDeleteyou fooled me! (probably no surprise there) keep up the cooking! and nate, great job on cutting the onions for your wife. you saved her eyes and you can never have too much basil...haha
ReplyDelete