27 January 2009

i could really go for a personal chef sometimes

some thoughts on food...

i have kind of been horrible at making dinner lately. i know this semester started like two minutes ago, but i've been a busy beeeeeeee. here's how it's been:

nate walks in the door
jess: uhhh i ate some mac n cheese...so...there's some food in the fridge i think (right. milk, ketchup, and a block of cheese)
when all else fails, nate makes an egg sandwich. he's pro.

this weekend i sat down with my library of cookbooks and picked out recipes that i can actually make and that do not require exotic ingredients like...shallots. or dry white wine powder. seriously rachel ray? your surf 'n turf may take less than 30 minutes to make...but it would cost me $50! (i still love her though)

which brings me to the best buy of the week:

i dragged nate with me to my favorite farmer's market. and now he loves it too. why? good steak for $2.58. beautiful.

on le menu for this week: pappa al pomodoro tuscan soup and chicken with sweet corn potatoe saute to name a few. do i sound fancy?


secretly, we all wish we were sitting down to this every night, cracking it with a spoon. and if you aren't secretly wishing for this, you are missing out on bliss.

6 comments:

  1. If I lived down in Provo, I'd make the BBQ chicken salad all of the time...you're a stone's throw away from the best fried onion strings ever! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You are a great cook! I am so impressed with how fancy they all look! I've never been to the Farmers market, but I have always wanted to go! Will you take me next time?! It sounds like you guys get some great deals there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I made dinner 3 times the first 2 years we were married (going to school + working almost every night was tricky for our diet). Forrest is also a egg sandwich arteest. Look at you go! Can we come over?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to take some cooking lessons from you...P.S. what farmer's market are you going to?

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks tasty!!!! any farmer's market is a good deal! Good job Jess, i bet it was very yummy.

    ReplyDelete