21 January 2010

as usual...

...i am being distracted from my schoolwork (fake lesson plans that i will never use). i decided that i subscribe to too many blogs on google reader when i came home from 2 days of being without a computer to over 80 unread items. i can't keep up! and while lots of them are cooking, design, and other useful tidbits of information kind of blogs, i unsubscribed from a few. BUT here's the find...have you ever wondered how many people read your blog through google reader? yes? me too. subscribe to your own blog, then unsubscribe and a page will pop up that spits out how many subscribers you have and your average posts-per-week number.

you're welcome. or maybe i'm the last one to figure this out.

you're still welcome.

4 comments:

  1. I don't think you are the last person to know this, because I had no idea. However, when I tried to do it, nothing came up. What's the secret?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go check out Google Feedburner - it's like Stat Counter or Google Analytics for RSS feeds from your site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness, that is amazing. now if i could just figure out who all these people are that are subscribing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do the same thing. I have too many blogs in my reader, but it's so fun to see all the new recipes, crafts, and such.

    You can also click "show details" in the upper right corner. and it will show you your subscribers. I learned that somewhere. Can't remember where...

    ReplyDelete