28 February 2011

the cureall

this winter has really gotten to me, like way more than last winter. i feel like the cold and gloom are never ending. and i just found out that i can't go on maternity leave as soon as i'd hoped to. so obviously, the best cure for all of this is food + friends. chicago is a food mecca, so why not take advantage?
this weekend, we tasted:
papousas
tapas (favorite: bacon wrapped dates)
paella
homemade guac made by nate

Photobucket

i also made nate be my model -- while he was reading up on jimmer facts i'm sure. i'm trying to figure out a new lens well enough to take good pictures of baby girl. i have a long way to go, but it's fun to mess around.

Photobucket

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. photography lessons please! You are so great at taking pictures! What camera do you use, lenses, editing, etc?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! What new lens did you get?! It looks like it take great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just bought the little 50 mm lens for the Canon Rebel T1i. I usually edit my pictures in Apple Aperture, the Mac version of photoshop since I can't bring myself to spend that much money yet :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lens-good, pictures-good, food-good. What's not to like? (friends re-runs)stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry your maternity leave has been pushed back...I was counting the weeks for you. So glad you found a way to make it better! I hope to try some of the local gourmet food there some day soon.
    How talented you are at capturing your handsome husband on film!...xxoo

    ReplyDelete