12 February 2011

project

one day, i got this idea in my head. i wanted a chevron wall. with silhouettes hanging on it. silhouettes painted on canvas. i am neither a painter nor an artist, but that didn't stop me.

while the husband was off gallivanting in asia {i mean, working hard, doing his job} i googled and blogged around and made myself a plan. i knew absolutely nothing about picking out paint or painter's tape or any of that nonsense that i should have paid attention to when i could have learned from my mom. so dave at home depot and i became buds, and i chose martha paint because can you really go wrong with martha?

nate came home to a chevron wall. and now, after a phone call to my brother, the real artist, after i panicked about what to do with a blank canvas, my wall is complete:

Photobucket

Photobucket

what i learned is that picking out paint is hard. the gray is way darker and bluer than my vision wall. also, leave the painting to the artists. now i understand why people do paper silhouettes. but it was fun to do and adds a little spice to these bland walls. and when i get sick of my amateur paintings, i'm just going to cover those canvases in fabric.

p.s.
i am getting so excited for this baby girl of ours. grandma sent her a valentine...more like eye candy for me.

Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. ohhh i love it!! i think it looks great! that is so diligent of you to actually ask a home depot guy for advice, i never would have thought to actually plan that kind of project out... hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the wall! Nice work! I have been dreaming of a very similar wall for a while. Way to go! And the silhouettes are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so talented! I love love it. Please come to my house and paint one? I can't even begin to fathom how hard it was to tape those lines so precisely.

    ps we find out this week the gender of our babe and I feel like it might be a girl. If so our babes will definitely be buddies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who is the guy on the left? Looks nothing like me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the wall looks fabulous!...love the chevrons and the gray, white, black combo. perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!!!! You did such a good job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks so cute! I love the gray wall!

    ReplyDelete
  8. absolutely love it! well done! I really like how it turned out! Wish mind looked that cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are SO talented! I'm amazed at your creative project.The silhouettes are beautifully done and my first thought was that Nate's looks especially like him
    :-) I'm sure I have one here from Disneyland when he was little that isn't as good...xxoo

    ReplyDelete