the big celebration of america in chicago happens on july 3.
people camp out all day in the park with coolers, blankets, umbrellas, the works.
everyone has the day off...except i didn't!
the fireworks show was awesome, plus we had some great commentary from the guy next to us
lots of "bring it on baby!"s and "duuuuuuude"s
on july 4, we spent a good chunk of the day at IKEA.
two easiest places to spend money: costco and ikea. why????
i want almost everything in both these stores.
i wanted to just buy the display rooms at ikea. "umm, yes, i'll take that room please."
last but not least, we hit up the taste of chicago, a big food festival that is to die for.
highlights include roasted corn on the cob (our favorite), chocolate-covered bananas (not as good as balboa though), eli's key lime cheesecake, and fresh chunks of watermelon.
we have unpacked all the boxes and are getting situated.
in our married life, we have rented every apartment sight unseen.
it's worked so far, and we are very pleased this time too. turns out we have an awesome view!
nate starts work tomorrow, and i only have three weeks left of my intense teacher boot camp.
life is good.
you're right that those chocolate covered bananas are not as good as Balboa's. haha. What a great time in Chicago on the 3rd...
ReplyDeletelooks like you guys are already having so much fun in Chicago! I'm excited to hear more about your adventures!
ReplyDeleteOf course the chocolate bananas aren't as good as Balboa's! NOTHING BEATS BALBOA! :) That's my motto. I'm glad Nate got there safe and you guys are reunited--sorta!
ReplyDeleteYour celebrations sounds yummy :) I love IKEA so much. Nate and I get into so much "trouble" every time we go there. Speaking of going places, we really do want to come out and visit you guys sometime. We'll keep looking for cheap tickets :)
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you guys are having fun! I bet Ikea was amazing.. I absolutely love that store! Did you buy new furniture for your apartment? We definitely need to come visit you guys!
ReplyDeleteAnd I definitely miss you already! Sunday nights just aren't the same without you two and our Mariokart tournaments! Nate would be scared right now because I beat geoff on 2 player 6 out of 6 races :) See, I'm finally getting better! haha
Sounds like you're just loving Chicago! How fun. It's such a beautiful city! And I definitely feel ya in Ikea! Any girls dreamland.
ReplyDelete