11 July 2009

the joys of ikea

here's the thing about IKEA furniture...it looks so great in the store, and then you have to heave the boxes into your car, and then...you have to built it. and after about three hours, this new dresser is pretty unexciting. you're covered in sweat. it's midnight. and it's still half of a dresser. maybe sometime soon our piles of wood, nails, and screws will look like this:

4 comments:

  1. oh dear. we just bought the tall dresser just like that one. i told forrest how long it takes to put it together, but he couldn't resist the price. unfortunately, i'm the one who put all ikea furniture together. hmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the true joys of IKEA! Hope all the "home decorating" is going well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so funny! You are such a great writer and I love following your blog! I hope everything is going so well in Chicago and I miss you tons. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh ikea... always see stuff that looks cute in the store but then forget how much of a pain it is to set up. I hope now that it's done you're loving that cute dresser!

    ReplyDelete