22 January 2011

polka dot cheesecake and other things of note

i am dreaming of this
i need to throw a dessert party so i'll have an excuse to make it.

nate has been in japan for two weeks on business. i thought after two months of being apart late last year it would be no big deal, but i still don't like it. he comes home tomorrow, and then we can finally have that gender ultrasound i've been waiting for...

i got my first rude pregnancy comment at nordstrom of all places last weekend. an events worker was giving me a free facial, trying to sell me $120 anti-aging cream (ironic). i love skin care, but not that much. he asked me if i was excited to be pregnant, then asked my age. uhhh, it was planned buddy. and i'm not 18. "oh wow," he said. "i totally thought you were a teen mom." no i will not buy your anti-aging cream, smoker-breath. who needs to get rid of wrinkles at 18 anyway?

3 comments:

  1. That cheesecake looks delicious! I'm so excited for your gender ultrasound! Let me know as soon as you find out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha. That reminds me of a comment a stranger made to me like a week before I got married. I was standing in line with a friend at a little restaurant, and a woman turned around and saw my ring and said, "Oh! Are you getting married!" And I said, "Yes, I am!" She then made a face and said, "No! You're way too young!"

    Not knowing what to say, I shrugged and said, "Don't be deceived, I'm older than I look."

    Don't you love out of the blue comments about your life choices from strangers? It's so nice.

    I can't wait to find out what flavor your baby is! I'm on tenterhooks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd make that this instant! No excuse needed!

    ReplyDelete