02 May 2011

adventure

as if adding a baby to the mix wasn't enough of a change,
we are moving to singapore.

Photobucket

the opportunity arose and we're taking it! nate will be working with the same company in a similar role. this also explains why i've been kicking it alone every two weeks since nate has been working in/traveling to singapore and other countries for the past few months. i waffle between being completely excited to travel all over asia with nate and the babe...and being completely scared (and so, so sad to leave our amazing chicago friends). we might be crazy for moving across the world with a two-month old baby, but we are feeling good about this adventure. living abroad is something we've always wanted to do (although my dream always looked like the european countryside, not asia).

Photobucket

if asia is calling your name, come visit us!

10 comments:

  1. What an adventure!! A friend of mine here in Texas lived in Singapore for two years and said that she would move back in a heartbeat. Their baby boy was born there too - she said it was the best experience of her life.

    I am SO jealous - you are going to have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the most exciting news ever!!!!!!! (except for your baby news, of course). My brother and sister-in-law LOVE being expats in China and I'm sure Singapore will be the same! Get excited for some awesome amazing shopping!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I am so happy for you and jealous of your awesome life. I'd give anything to be able to live abroad.
    Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Singapore sounds like an adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! congrats you guys! that'll be a fun adventure indeed. our friends just moved last year to bangkok when their baby was a couple of months old and they adjusted really well. the locals seem to especially love that their baby has blond hair and blue eyes, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I AM SO JEALOUS! hudd and i would love to live in asia again. if he can't find a teaching job, that's our backup...maybe we'll check out singapore this time. get ready for the wildest/best time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That will be so fun! I am sure the good out weights the scary and it will be such a great adventure for the three of you. I wish we could live abroad for a few years!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness! This will be such an awesome adventure and totally doable with one baby... much better to do it now than when you have 3 kids!

    ReplyDelete