13 May 2011

graduated

last weekend, i finally got to wear that hood and waddle across a stage to receive my diploma for an m.s. in education. my sweet mom flew out for the occasion (and i got her all to myself for mother's day! oh, i love her), and nate even planned a little surprise dinner with some wonderful friends.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
one of my professors patted my belly as i walked to my seat. i felt like the incredible black blob.

Photobucket
the teach for america girls

Photobucket
dinner @ ba ba reeba

nate had to leave for a business trip, so my mom spent the week with me. it was so wonderful! she even went on a hospital tour with me in place of nate (we debated between being a lesbian couple or a teen pregnancy...everyone else there had a husband), helped me pick out baby gear, sewed up a storm because i get too impatient, and left me feeling a lot more ready to bring home baby girl.
thank you!

6 comments:

  1. Jess I am so happy for you-- you are awesome! Though I must say you look so much cuter than I did when I graduated pregnant... I am loving those belly pics! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! SO exciting that you're done! I can't wait for the arrival of my little niece! She is going to be so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Black is slimming. You look great. Congrats on a Master's degree! You inspire me. So fun to have your mama there. I can't think about moving far away from mine, I think I'll definitely fall apart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Jess! I am so happy for you. It is so amazing that you are doing so much while being pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY!!! For graduation!!!!! Now for baby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! That's so exciting!

    Now on to having a baby! Bah!

    ReplyDelete