nate worked everyday while sage and i roamed and walked tons. melbourne has a free tourist bus that we did about three rounds on. this city is known for its great shopping, so we hit that up too. i also went in the nicest "parent room" i've ever seen. australia + babies = amazing.
in melbourne, we saw:
- victoria market
- federation square
- the old melbourne gaol
- where the australian open is played
- botanic gardens
- chinatown and greek center
she has a serious love affair with this bird. staring contest...
we went to this super old jail that is one of the top things to see in the city. after the museum part, you get locked up in the jail by a real constable and treated like a criminal for about fifteen minutes. i asked if it was okay if i had my baby, and the ticket lady gave me a thumbs up. the constable made me take this picture in a cell with my baby because he thought it was so bogus that i brought sage along. but hey, she slept through it all.
I am dead on the floor due to jealous. AUSTRALIA!! I'm so happy y'all are living it up! Just think Sage's getting-to-know-you poster in 1st grade. All the other kids will be coloring "states I've been to" and she will be coloring the WORLD!
ReplyDeleteSage is a serious cutie pie. I am jealous of your life! This looks so fun and amazing! Be done with it already and get back to Chicago! =) --Ang
ReplyDelete