i feel like we have to go and do everything here because our time is limited. but then i remember that my baby is little - not even three months old! and i just can't do everything. still, i made nate go with me to see the mid-autumn festival lanterns in chinatown the other night. this is festival season in singapore...tons of new sights, sounds, and smells (bleh! durian!).
08 September 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Micron has a big R & D unit in Singapore, so many of my coworkers spent a week or two this summer over there. They would all tell stories about the peculiar durian fruit. Apparently it doesn't actually taste that bad.
ReplyDeleteJess have you tried durian yet? It tastes like a fruity onion. It's best in popsicle form. I'm so jealous that you got to celebrate Mid-Autumn Festival! Hopefully you didn't have to eat any moon cakes.
ReplyDelete-Whitney
Whit, I am not brave enough to taste durian yet because I can't get over the nasty smell. How about you come eat a durian popsicle WITH me? :) No moon cakes yet, but I heard you can get fancy ones with ice cream in the middle instead of salted egg yokes!
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures! Wish we could've joined. We went and saw the chinese lanterns w/ the Deans the other night...We missed you guys...We'll need to plan something when you get back from AUS!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful pictures. I love your exciting life.
ReplyDeleteHow fun. I love that you just drag Sage around with you. Trust me do it now while they sleep anywhere and everywhere. It gets harder once they get bigger and only like to sleep in their bed. Keep being brave and exploring so I can keep enjoying reading about it :)
ReplyDelete